Thread: Not christened?
View Single Post
Old 21-12-2020, 05:14 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini46
Neither my sister or I were baptized and have no intention of doing so. We have always, even now, have always been met with gasps, looks of fear, disbelief - for some reason idk, & my favorite "you need to do that or you are going to hell" or some variation of that. No neither one of us were ever afraid our souls were doomed to eternal hellfire because our parents thought it was ridiculous and we never had some dude splash water on us as an infant. Explain the Logic please...please.... nope no logic. Just stupid people blindly accepting whatever they are told to believe without question. If anything WE are the ones "Christened" by not being because it says we have parents who actually are capable of thinking for themselves and using their own judgment & (un)common sense when making decisions.

Plus most people are babies when baptized. That doesn't even count in my opinion. I don't want to devalue anyone's own idea what baptism means to them. An adult choosing to be baptised is different. There is more meaning and spiritual significance in being older and going through it. They are connected to this experience and able to grasp what it symbolizes. But as a baby...
....Hi and I fully agree if I'm honest, in as much as a little baby has no voice yet..... Until a person can make their own decisions...then decisions , realistically , should not be made for them... Especially when /if , it is decisions that are non- compulsory ....... We do of course all have a duty to our children, as in we nurture them the best we can... We love them, guide them, teach them, set them on the right path, teach them right from wrong, teach them respect and how to be the very very best they can be, with no pressure, no "orders" , no "threats" ..... Allow them to "grow" into the lovely beautiful person that you created , in their "own" image , no-one else , and then set them "free" , to make the World proud to have them in it..... That's how I raised my boys , and I'm happy to say, the world is proud... And the Universe even more so.....