View Single Post
Old 21-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
I really enjoyed The Last Kingdom

One huge thing I loved about it is the good guys don't all die or lose fights
so tired of that in series and movies

hey directors/writers, its ok to have the good guys win sometimes!

game of thrones, vikings...walking dead, yellowstone(all good guys may be dead its a end of season cliff hanger), so depressing when the writers always have the good guys lose or be killed...why is that supposed to be entertaining?

The Last Kingdom, refreshing as the hero wins.

i really liked homeland too, not sure what platform that is on

Interesting point..

I understand your frustration, though I'd say deaths can add to the story as long as they're meaningful and improve the story. Many deaths in Game of Thrones were just random and made me think ''Why was this character part of the show to begin with?'' Say Stannis Baratheon, his death makes his entire story in the show pointless. I like it when deaths of big characters are intricately connected to the narrative as a whole, and bring development to other characters.

The deaths in Vikings, of important characters, did add something to the show. There is character development and there is retribution. It has a purpose to the story as later revealed. In Game of Thrones you rarely have that, it's just a large number of characters that are very loosely connected. An example of a story that tries to do too much... too many characters, too many places. Works in an MMO rpg video game, but doesn't necessarily make a meaningful story.

Anyway.. ramblings over.

Last edited by Altair : 21-12-2020 at 10:05 AM.