View Single Post
Old 21-10-2013, 04:21 AM
Likes2Read

Yeah, some of the metaphysical forums I've joined on Facebook sell an AWFUL LOT of "haunted" jewelry items that purportedly have various spirits bound to them -- djinn, vampires, dragons, even demons. I thought, "Doesn't the attempt to control or even enslave another soul like that really make a mess of your karma?" At that point, does it even matter if there's really a soul connected to that item... the fact was that the owner INTENDED to use this "haunted" item and control whatever spirit was allegedly attached to it, and to me, the INTENT is more important than whether they actually succeeded in controlling anyone or anything. I'm not sure that having an intent like that is going to do anybody any good, and it sounds like a good way to run up one monster-sized karma tab in no time flat.

And speaking of running up a karma tab... creating fake backstories to try and con people into thinking they have bought an ancient healing tool is Not Cool. I guess these people can't be bothered to purchase actual STONES and resell those. It must be too much effort for them to learn what each stone does, plus even the best-priced wholesaler must charge more than the people selling slag glass.

Good grief, crooked merchants really infuriate me.