View Single Post
Old 30-01-2022, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
"don't pull the weight with your arms and legs, but imagine you push the ground from the bar". That way you use the whole body and it aligns by itself.
That's generally a good way of visualising the deadlift - push your feet through the floor, but there is much more. The most accomplished lifters in the world are still training to perfect their technique, and the training cycle is mainly about how you lift the bar. Highly trained athletes are already very close to their genetic strength potential, so the only real way of increasing weights is through refinement of technique - lots of details.

Understand what can be or needs to be accomplished today and focus on that. Know what the goal is and how what we do today is what it takes to get there. What we do today is very important and the goal is merely consequential.

Lets say I wanted to run a marathon. Realistically, I won't be able to run one this year because I haven't run anywhere for decades. I'd have to start tomorrow with say 1km and work my way up, manage injury risk, balance fatigue levels etc. I would have to train hard consistently for a decade to be a good runner, but even then, there would be people who traind their whole lives and have a huge genetic advantage over me, so winning a marathon is probably not a realistic goal or me (I'm actually pretty well designed for running, so maybe it's possible).

I'm into LOA (I'm an OG from the Louise Hay days). A clear vision, visualation, affirmation and the confidence of 'I can and I will' are important, but for most things, if you don't do what it takes, it's never going to happen.