View Single Post
Old 14-01-2023, 06:14 PM
Master
Redchic12, Modern psychology is most concerned with cognitive approaches, which are mental and mostly deal with how we think, but there are also affect psychological techniques. Affect basically means “mood” and deals directly with the expression of emotions.

Traditionally people have used techniques like “primal scream” for emotional catharsis, and some therapy techniques are better at accessing our emotions then others, like Gestalt therapy or Emotive Therapy, but I found journaling, or writing down your feelings, to also be helpful. It is not the dimensions of our being that we need to work on, rather it is how we interact with those dimensions that may be frayed.

To change this physical realm we must change how we interact with this physical realm, it is the same with the emotional and other realms. To work on our emotional nature we must first look at how we are currently interacting with our emotions and what do we desire to change. That is where journaling can help. It is a process.

As all of the dimensions are inter-related, they all effect each other, so quiet meditation and spiritual development can assist with emotional development. The point of control in all dimensions is quieting our mind and staying in the moment. I think freaking out can sometimes be healthy. Most emotional issues come from poor social conditioning or how we relate to our past and what we have been through. Physical issues can also generate emotional issues. Working on other dimensions of our being, like the physical and mental, can help us emotionally.

So we are not working on things in an isolated separate way. It is completely holistic. The big thing is don’t be too critical or hard on your self. True healing is a journey and not an instant fix. Humans tend to treat symptoms and not the causes of their maladies. I have also found writing down my dreams as soon as I awaken can give me some insights, as there are lots of lessons and healing which takes place while we sleep. There is a lot I can say about energy in motion, which is the meaning of the word “emotion.”