View Single Post
Old 20-05-2019, 01:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by edithaint
Not life in the way we understand it. But the same energy that flows through us also flows through the planets themselves, most evident in our gravitational and electromagnetic fields. We can't really say for certain that those planets don't experience consciousness in some form, simply because we ain't them, we're only humans with human perspectives. Hell, Earth might wonder if us apes are even alive. As for learning and growing? Try growing properly in zero gravity. Everything turns out all weak and wonky, too atrophied to support itself properly when the gravity is turned up. No thanks.

And in response to your new signature:

"Optimism is pessimism just waiting to happen." -- Edith Aint, unless someone else said it before me.

Although it may somehow be possible, I'm not inclined to believe planets have any form of consciousness and I also don't even feel any energy flowing through me. Planets are only just huge objects formed from nebula clouds and dust pulled together by gravity, rather than being created by some cosmic architect called god. At least, this makes the most sense to me because I made the decision not to believe in something before seeing and experiencing it firsthand. I'd rather cling on to real facts.