View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna-prem
I could not agree more. Beliefs are never set in stone so you may believe you can't be hypnotized but if you have a skillful enough hypnotist they will quickly undo that belief and have you in hypnosis very quickly.
Correct, one way would be to use covert hypnosis where you are hypnotised before you know it. Of course, you could snap out of it at that point if you wanted to.

Quote:
The truth is that we enter hypnosis through out our daily lives, it's how we learn most effectively. When you read a good book or watch an enthralling movie you enter hypnosis.
Absolutely, or stand in a lift, or drive down the motorway.

Trance is ubiquitous although hypnotherapists rely on a slight variation where you are responsive to them.

I once had a client who had lied to her fiance about having an affair and dragged him to come engage me in their little deception. She was absolutely determined to not be hypnotised, just to fake it.

It was a very weird situation - was I still responsible for looking after my client? I decided I was responsible to both equally and to give him prima facie evidence - if he really wanted to know, I gave him the perfect opportunity.

He didn't want to know. When my client realised I could hypnotise her quite easily she couldn't wait to get out of there and her fiance stayed on her side. I don't recall getting paid.