View Single Post
Old 15-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Argento

Yes Gem, I understand how people do it. Having spent many many hours in meditation myself, you just sit there and don't do anything (and don't even try to sit there and not do anything either, and don't do that either ad infinitum.)
Why would you want to begin in the first place though? Desire for change of course. If you meditated for any other reason than bringing about a change in yourself, I would like to know it.
When you become truly accepting of the world, meditation is no longer necessary since there is no desire to change anything in you.

If you are finally living fully in the here and now, there is no need to sit in silence to bring yourself into the moment because your nature is to be there anyway.

Godlike,
What exactly is beyond? This is very vague. I'm not good with vague language, it's the same language used in hypnosis to induce trance. We're talking about having no trances at all, and I'm suggesting that any idea of meditation in your head is trance and blinding to what is happening now. This means it can't be done, because you will always be trying not to try or trying to not try to not try, and will have little periods of this quietness between the thoughts and they will feel lovely and you will believe that you are awakening to a glorious reality that others can't see. I sure thought that when kundalini was buzzing and blasting and burning. One day my shakti blasted through my body like a tornado and out the top of my head, turned golden and I expanded across the sky and the planet. I was quite pleasant.

Guys, I get what you're all saying.

My point is that some day, you should have no more need for meditation. If you live in the here and now there is no need to bring yourself to the here and now (or more accurately: get yourself out of the way so that you become it)

Meditating for relaxation and health is highly recommended and has been shown consistently to provide benefits for physical and emotional health.

Meditation for presence will stop when you are already present. If here and now is where I naturally am, then I don't need it.