View Single Post
Old 15-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argento
We can go back and forth if you like about realisation. I think that if meditation is about nothingness then it is impossible to realise nothing since the mechanism used to realise is ego. The only way out therefore is to stop it completely otherwise its not nothingness, its spirituality instead.

Sorry if I insulted you, maybe you understand something way beyond what I know....or it's the other way around, haha! I can't tell.

I guess our realities are very different. It's probably no big deal.

Thanks for standing up to me daz

Meditation is the means for many experiences to be had . The nothingness aspect of meditation is that meditation leads self to no self . The path is there in meditation, the path that leads one beyond self .

There is no-one there realizing nothingness there is only what you are (being what you are) as one is now, but the self in mind relates to self whereas what you are beyond does not . Meditation is also the means to stir up a wasps nest and create an enormous amount of trauma for self to work through, it's not all about sitting in silence, for one cannot be at a point of going beyond unless what lies beneath the surface has risen and been dealt with .

How does one deal with what lies hidden beneath the surface unless one knows what lies deep . Finding self is how one knows . Pointing to a figure of a man and suggest that I am here can be no more than pointing to one's shadow .

If you want to see your reflection then you go look in the mirror, if you want to see your self beyond your reflection then you go look within .

Watching T.V. reading books, playing with the kids, shopping for shoes, cooking the dinner, shouting/laughing with your partner doesn't take you beyond . Trying to escape self doesn't take you beyond .

Meditation is the means to go beyond, if done/practised in a certain way then it is a certainty that one will go beyond .

x daz x