View Single Post
Old 29-11-2021, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I don't know how it is going but they at least have a website.
http://www.ocetiwakan.org/
Sounds good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I've never met the man, I have heard good things like he was well respected on his rez.
Yeah. He gave a genuine expression.

Then again in general like ... (and not about the person above)^
Anything could be anything at any time. The truth of a situation could be anything.

Generally speaking ... it would be a mistake to think Indigenous have the answers thus underestimating New Agers.

A story comes to mind, where this New Ager willing to learn healing does so attending Indigenous healer’s workshops.
At a large healers gathering/conference – at one point - this New Ager and the New Ager’s “Idol” are alone, when a person with a medical emergency comes in looking for help. The “Idol” makes diagnosis as “xy” and says to the New Ager: “You deal with it” – and bolts.

The New Ager feeling with hands …. finds out … “xy” is wrong diagnosis – it is “z” that is the problem. Gives “z” some hands-on energy healing and the patient recovers.

The story sounded “Spirit-Designy” to me.
By a situation play, or being “check-mated” by the situation this New-Ager-healer-to-be had to discover/connect with his/her own ability to heal on-the-spot.

Did the “Idol” bolt, because in truth he/she is a scam artist or because she/he was willing to act out the “Design” even by acting the non-healer-when-put-on-that-situation-spot ….? To help the student - who was ready?

I do not know – I wasn’t there.