View Single Post
Old 29-11-2021, 10:20 PM
Master
QUOTE 236 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

The future is ... a 'sea' of possibilities and probabilities.

... often when I'm not thinking about anything in particular and my mind is a blank slate for a few moments, the realisations come through unbidden.

I don't see the ego as 'separatist' but it does differentiate and that is the basis of Duality.

The first two statements in your post that I quoted above are very consistent with my understanding. In that thought-free stillness, one attunes to the collective unconscious (in Jungian terms or, alternatively, the "expanded consciousness", "God consciousness", the "Big Picture", etc.) and can sense the forces already in motion that are contributing factors to the "future". In meditation, one develops this sense and can see the descending future as a "sea of possibilities and probabilities" with one's actions often being a contributing factor to at least some degree. That is precisely how the "stillness" (the "unknowing") influences my Life. Excellent point!

You wrote that "We are in a 'feedback loop' with our unconscious". This, of course, is true. As you probably know from your Jungian studies, the Jungian complexes are clear examples of the unconscious processing that is taking place often without our awareness. In addition, as noted above, that feedback loop also includes interacting with the collective unconscious (Jungian terminology once again) in recognizing the "sea of possibilities and probabilities for the future) whether we know it or not.

As you noted, "dreams are a 'pure consciousness'" and this seems true since, in my conscious sleep meditations, I have used dreams to explore my unconscious (or subconscious in terminology more agreeable to others here) as it manifests in dream symbology. (Some dreams, however, are obviously without symbology.)

You also wrote: "Perhaps if Spirituality came in pictures more, so too might revelations. "That is precisely my understanding of revelations as that of the Kabbalists. As I've written before, my revelations have been projected in dream-like fashion either visually or auditorily or both.

Regarding your comment that "I don't see the ego as 'separatist' but it does differentiate and that is the basis of Duality", perhaps my choice of words must be clearer. When I refer to the "separatist ego", I am referring to the ego that perceives separateness and not wholeness. Perhaps I should use Buddhist terminology and call it the "unwholesome ego" as opposed to the "wholesome ego" that sees wholeness and no separateness. The "wholesome" ego can see the Reality from at least two perspectives in accordance with the Zen saying:

"Equality without differentiation is poor equality .. but .. differentiation without equality is poor differentiation".

Lastly, you raised the question: "Does Duality mean that are we not conscious of consciousness?" My sense is that dualists have a limited view of some aspects of consciousness but clearly do not see the WHOLE consciousness, the so-called Big Picture. In that sense, the view of the dualist is "unwholesome".