View Single Post
Old 25-01-2022, 10:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

This is quite a common consideration in most religious circles although the details are seldom spoken of from the viewpoint of the soul. It is much more usual to do so from the standpoint of the man. And… very often matters of spirit are defined as being of two opposites. We find in Christianity that God in heaven is opposed to Satan on Earth. We might even come to consider the two to be equals. When this is the case it becomes easy to see why so many say that we are born into sin (and must be redeemed).
One of the challenges that many Christians face is the lack of Power as supplied from the Holy Spirit. Without this Power to combat the devil, they are bound to have a hell of a ride. This is not to say that those who have God's Power do not go through any form of challenges from Lucifer and his hosts, but it is more difficult for those who don't have It.

The Holy Spirit corrects the way of the aspirant, just like Prophet Isaiah said, 'that there would be a voice that would tell one to go left or right'. I personally found over the years that it's easy to sin without the Power of the Holy Spirit. But when His Power is available, sin no longer seems attractive and an immense energy is released to walk in purity and cleanness. However, there are challenges that the Lord would allow on his own to strengthen them.

This is not confined to the Christian current, but also when my connection to my former guru gave experiences and supply of energy to help push me on the path of soul realization through the few practices availed to me.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-01-2022 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences