Thread: Expectations
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2020, 06:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
To be sure, have no thoughts and center our feelings, as thoughts and feelings may occur in the now but when we are focused on our thoughts and feelings we are not focusing on the now. There is and eternal now, one continuous now, which can be perceived, but thoughts break that eternal now into increments of now that we associate with time.

When I awaken from sleep I usually have no thoughts and that is a great time to go right into quiet meditation, which helps me maintain that inner silence, that continuous now, most of the day. I only think when I need to think, as thinking is a tool that if we do not learn how to use, it will use us. I have seen lots of people with thought disorders and people who are dragged around by their thoughts; generally their mind, or thinking process, is going 24/7.

Quieting our mind helps to give it a break, just like our physical body and emotions need a break. The mind is a wonderful thing, that can also drive us crazy if we let it. The function of the human mind is to compare and contrast, it primarily focuses on the past and future; memories and desires, but when we quiet our mind we can truly, without question, live in the moment, the eternal moment. As I am sure many have noticed, regardless how old you may be, it is always now.

There is only the now so nothing has to be done to be in it. There is no concern if One happens to be thinking or feeling about the past or future because it is already Oneness manifesting as such so no disconnection from Oneness.