View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Where I start questioning the whole thing (and it happens to me very often) is when others say; "I totally disagree with you and you are so very wrong, but I am not obliged to give you an explanation as to why or to justify my position to you at all, so I won't, now get lost". What is THAT all about? I don't get this, so maybe somebody could please explain it to me, as to what that reaction says about ME and what lesson I may need to learn from it, because I don't understand. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful reply. <3

Dear One, I try to have as little expectations from others as possible, given how attached I may be at any given moment to what
others may say about me. keeping in mind that no matter what anyone says, whether it be positive or negative, they are talking
about themselves and what they stand under or understand, even if they are saying it about someone else.

There gets to be a point in spiritual development where things just pass right through you and you realize that nothing is personal.
We tend to think and feel that our lives are personal, but while life is highly subjective it is not personal. What others say about you
says more about them than it does you.

There is really no "right" or "wrong," there is only various stages of development, various stages of open-ness and close-ness.
What we give to each other is the work or lack of work that we have done on ourselves. How I receive what is given to me is also
about the work or lack of work I have done on myself. Giving and receiving may be garnets cut from the same clothe but
rejection is ill-received.

It is okay if others disagree with me, I do not feel the need to defend my truth. Since life is so highly subjective, the only thing
I really have to do is prove it to myself. This is one of the great mysteries of life; once a person has discovered the deeper
truths they can't accurately tell anyone about it, because it transcends words and thoughts.

Still, If I lift you up I lift myself up and if I put you down I do the same to me. Although it is important to learn how to surf the
waves and not get caught in them. This comes with trial and error. In my opinion human life is a training ground and if nothing
more, maybe this type of behavior is and opportunity for further learning. I have to protect my own inner peace and not allow
others to take that away from me. This too takes practice.

The closer I am to my center the more serenity I feel and the less people throwing hurt at me will have any effect on me.
All of the meditation I do is as and umbrella that keeps me dry should a thunderous rainstorm come along. In my opinion
it is all like and obstacle course testing our resolve to get, and stay, at our center.

Hang-in There My Sister