View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 05:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I started studying The Kybalion back in the 1970's and found it to be and excellent wealth of wisdom. I later began to see
the principles outlined in The Kybalion in everyday life. I learned that principles work through agencies onto conditions,
and this perspective still holds true for me today.

Below is a link to a free copy of The Kybalion. I highly recommend it.
http://www.yogebooks.com/english/atk...08kybalion.pdf

As far as the Divine Paradox is concerned, in my opinion, everything is a very powerful reflection, a dance of shadow
and light, and as with any reflection, like looking in the mirror, things appear in reverse or paradoxical.

It is said that we are created in God's image and likeness, and I interpret that to mean the creation is but and image,
a reflection, created in the mind of the All, while the likeness of the All is within everything that has been created.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream. “The lips of wisdom
are closed, except to the ears of understanding.” The Kybalion
Thank you so much for your wise post and that enclosed link. I was going to look for it myself, however, seeing as how that version has been highly recommended by your kind self, that is the translation I shall go with here.

That final quote from the Kybalion is so poignant and timely, my friend.

Ever since the reply I made above your post, the only thing I could see when I looked within, is how the perfect example has been made in this thread according to the exact premise of that referred video...in that for some, the perception of Truth is always being clouded by a mixture of Emotional Biases, Cognitive Dissonance, Spiritual Arrogance and Selective Awareness.

Maybe some people feel very uncomfortable when they look in that mirror. If an emotional reaction to this thread says more about them than it does about me, then maybe having them place me on an 'ignore list' simply says that they are not ready yet to be able to process this because they are unwilling or unable to confront that space within themselves which makes them feel hostile and aggressive about it...but like I said, that is their problem, not mine.

It does, however, go to show why many (not all) people who consider themselves "spiritual" are beset with so many problems, like I outlined in my opening post.

As for your detailed analysis of God's Divine Image...yes, I truly agree with you. We are but a reflection of the Divine and we are OF God...containing the Divine Essence within the heart-space and nobody has the right to claim they ARE God...like Harry Potter claiming he is J.K. Rowling. I must say, I smiled at that analogy.

This is all in my own personal experience of course, which anybody is free to agree/disagree with, of course.

Where I start questioning the whole thing (and it happens to me very often) is when others say; "I totally disagree with you and you are so very wrong, but I am not obliged to give you an explanation as to why or to justify my position to you at all, so I won't, now get lost". What is THAT all about? I don't get this, so maybe somebody could please explain it to me, as to what that reaction says about ME and what lesson I may need to learn from it, because I don't understand. Thank you for your kind and thoughtful reply. <3