View Single Post
Old 23-01-2017, 01:57 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah

We have a 6-20 year supply stored there (if you used to be a meat eater)

Digestive issues, medications, disease processes can all play havoc with your ability to process B12 or absorb it and if you're a vegan or vegetarian

Just a quick little storytime from me :)

I was a meat eater for 25 years of my life, I was diganosed with T2 Diabetes when I was 25 and decided to eat vegetarian / vegan meals.

However, in saying that, I actually had no B12 stored in my system at all due to the diabetes and medication affecting my B12 levels. I had to go on weekly injections to get my B12 up and running again. (only within a matter of weeks from stopping meat, my b12 levels went critical).

DEBRAH: to answer your question on other post you commented on - At the time I was diagnosed I was a meat eater and constantly getting blood tests done. When I started eating vegetarian foods I had to go back for check ups and at this stage my b12 was so low I needed to go into my GP doctors office for weekly injections for a couple of months.
I haven't had my bloods done in a while, my new doctor really wants me to get it checked out again, but I haven't found the time.

I have since bought 1000 mcg B12 tablets and take 1 each fortnight... Speaking of which, I'm due to take one wednesday Not really sure if they are helping or not, as I need my bloods done again.