View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 08:34 AM
asearcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightened_irish
Has anyone ever had a day or a few hours where they actually worried if they were in fact mentally ill and not experiencing spirituality?

The reason I ask is that today is the 2nd time I’ve experienced this. Partially spurred on by someone suggesting to me that they’re worried about me engaging with spirituality and believing in spirits and reading into clairvoyant readings I’ve had. It has typically been triggered as well I believe by the fact I’ve not had as much sleep the night before.

Keen to hear people’s thoughts and experiences.
Hi, I have noticed a pattern with myself which is that when I am deprived of sleep I get flashbacks from past life and also I tend to suddenly be in my mind in other places I have visited in this life, like outside a building, a summer home etc, it last only like 1-3 seconds. So for me I would say the lack of sleep and becoming I suppose more spiritual is effecting one another. There have been few nights that has been close to impossible for me to get a proper night sleep when my flashbacks are running wild and I have to get up and just shake it off and try to get back to real sleep again. Flashbacks can also happen when I am relaxed and bored I suppose when I unintentionally am more receptive to getting flashbacks during the day. I am very used to it now, have had it for many years and it does not effect the rest of my day, I am seen and do feel normal. I have never felt I have much of a choice with these flashbacks, they come when they come. Sleep is very important to me. If I can I make sure I get much of it. If one goes without sleep the brain can not cope in the long run and one have a high risk to become psychotic so it is not to be taken lightly.