View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 11:17 PM
Master
Iamthat, a very intriguing post, especially the last paragraph. I do like how you built on what I shared, and you also pointed out pros and cons of the funeral concept, which covers a wider spectrum. Psychologically it might be said that a funeral is like a catharsis, after all that is what grieving is all about.

But a funeral is a concentrated burst of grieving, and it is interesting that you bought up how such a concentrated burst of grieving may effect the journey of the deceased. I imagine positive vibes from Earthbound well wishers might also impede that journey of the deceased.

Spiritually we talk about surrender and letting go. It may be calloused to talk about letting go of a loved one. People need time and some never let go. Funerals are about remembrance and they may help some to let go.

I know of military families who have had funerals without the deceased present because the body was never found. But they wanted to have the funeral anyway. They have the funeral to help them with closure, although closure is a misnomer for most who have lost a loved one.

Peace