View Single Post
Old 19-12-2018, 06:40 AM
Newbie ;)

Is it ok to take these herbs together?

Hello. Forum Newbie here. Studying Herbs but right now, I am seeking advice.

I am taking the following herbs

Shilajit 390mg once a day in capsule form. I have been taking it every day for around 8 weeks.

About 6 weeks ago, I added Ashwagandha 400mg to that, once a day, every day.

About 4 weeks ago, I added Garlic Capsule 1000mg once a day, every day and Flaxseed Oil capsule 1000mg once a day, every day.

And finally, about two weeks ago, I added Tribulus Terrestris 500mg, which also contains 75mg of Magnesium and 5mg of Zinc. I take that 5 day a week, again in capsule form.

I am taking these things to help improve my prostate which has recently had a bacterial infection and was treated successfully with Cipro. However, I believe the enlargement is still there.

I am considering adding a supplement which contains Saw palmetto, Turmeric, Pumpkin Seed extract, Quercetin, Pygium bark extract, Valerian Root, Beta Sitosterol and 30mg of Zinc (apart from the 5mg I currently take in the Tirbulus capsule) to my daily herbal treatments, and there is an option to do this as a suppository if preferred, which apparently gets straight to the prostate and skips the liver and pancreas.

My question is this. Is it safe for me to add the final supplement listed above, to the list I am already taking? Or are there too many Blood thinners involved? And if it is not recommended, would it be safe in suppository form instead or would that be an issue too?

My Urologist was happy the bacteria was cleared up and can only suggest conventional treatments for the suspected continued enlargement. I'm not keen on the conventional route in this matter due to mixed reviews and secondary reactions.

Can anyone help me answer that question as I've been looking everywhere for the correct answer.

I am studying to be a Master Herbalist and am looking forward to some occasional input into this forum. Thank you in advance for any advice.