View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 12:23 PM
Master

Red....I have always donated food to the food banks , and now in UK more than ever , we need donations .
It has got to the point where professional workers such as police officers and nurses are having to use them. And sadly , a lot of the people that donated to the banks are now having to use them themselves , so therefore not enough to go round.
I am sorry and sad to say that it feels as though we are becoming a third world nation.

During covid I NEVER EVER Stock-piled .
It was not fair to take from others just as in need as me .
I only ever bought 1 pack of 9 ( cheap ) toilet rolls , as and when they had them . Then I sat on the shelf behind the checkout watching an waiting and listening to the people going through complaining that they could not get any toilet rolls.
If it was an elderly person , or a young family , I would give them one from my pack to put them on.
I won't forget those early days of covid in my local store and i just stood there and cried looking at the despair of the elderly folk , confused and not knowing what to do looking at the empty shelves, then looking down at their shopping list in their hand .
It broke my heart.