View Single Post
Old 24-08-2020, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I am an agnostic and science-oriented person but I grew up in a Christian context/family and went to a Christian school. At school I recall the moral 'lessons' from the New Testament, which was nice. Every morning we had to sing psalms which I did not like!

I associate Christianity a lot with ''tradition''. Religions are a sort of glue that keeps (or kept) things together in a society. My country and continent are Christian. I do respect the tradition and the impact it has had on our history and culture. I don't think there has been another religion around that has inspired this many people to fight for human rights. Where many other religions view poverty and crime as punishment from past life sins, Christianity has worked to improve societies with a no-nonsense attitude.

Of course the negative aspects are easy to point out as well; It is exclusivist and judgemental. It is easy to write a narrative from that, but I think this forum is in need of some balancing..

Thanks for your 'balanced' view.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜