View Single Post
Old 28-08-2020, 07:57 AM
Master
That's interesting, Ant. I think those feelings have a lot to do with taking up a new diet by itself. It could be related to stress and one's beliefs. The first weeks or even months one can feel energized. People have said the same thing when they go keto, go back to meat, go vegan, or do a water fast. They all describe similar feelings yet we're talking about totally different diets and abstinences. My digestion, sleeping, strength performance, and mental faculties have been much better when eating MORE animal food. Considering the latter, knowing that cholesterol, and a number of vitamins, are common in animal food, it didn't really surprise me that it had this effect on me. Strength training likewise.

Good luck with the veggie patch, just know it isn't a replacement for animal products. When I grew up we grew loads of vegetables, had fruit trees and bushes, had chickens. The veg and fruit wasn't going to get us everything though.

Animals and plants are very different food sources, even if products contain similar nutrients. That's what is really missing in all the ''go veg or not'' discussions online and in marketing.