View Single Post
Old 27-08-2020, 03:00 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Neither gorillas nor early hominids are homo sapiens so they are irrelevant.

You and those 'researchers' with an agenda are using a poorly defined diet and add in sugar and junkfood to the mix and compare it to a vegan diet, where quite likely the sugar and junkfood are not controlled for. It is exceedingly hard to control for all variables which makes these kind of studies often problematic. If they are conducted by vegans than excuse me for additional skepticism. One has to exclude all other lifestyle choices and other environmental differences as well as genetics to make sure diet is key, not to mention the sheer amount of control required to make sure people stick to a diet over a period of xx years.

You're the one thinking children are psychologically brainwashed to eat animal food, and you're the one believing that human are herbivores, neither supported by science. If one relies on bogus studies and vegan 'doctors' then one isn't relying on science.

I rarely if ever reference 'vegan researchers' when I'm discussing with people like you. It only gives you an out. But I do make use of standard research by plain old doctors who more than likely, eat the same kinds of things you do. Studies that are published on PubMed for example which happens to be one of my favourite resources. Just to clarify, I looked up info on PubMed and this is how it's described:

PubMed is a free search engine accessing primarily the MEDLINE database of references and abstracts on life sciences and biomedical topics. The United States National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the National Institutes of Health maintain the database as part of the Entrez system of information retrieval.[1]
From 1971 to 1997, online access to the MEDLINE database had been primarily through institutional facilities, such as university libraries. PubMed, first released in January 1996, ushered in the era of private, free, home- and office-based MEDLINE searching.[2] The PubMed system was offered free to the public starting in June 1997.[3]

I also look to what anthropologists discover as they look at fossil records as well as the physiology of their finds for clues to what that 'new' species might have eaten. You are the one who's arguing against experts, not me. It's the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and yelling 'lalalalalal.....' so you don't have to listen. So be it, no point in continuing this discussion is there?
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)