View Single Post
Old 13-11-2020, 05:19 PM
Master

need to praise god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
The planet is thickly dotted with places of worship of all kinds. A list of all such places would take up a couple of A4 pages. In my town of 20,000 people there are two main churches, very often even the smallest community has such a building.
The BBC has a programme 'Songs of Praise' on a Sunday - I always like to watch this half-hour I find it very uplifting although it's not something I would personally involve myself.
It does however disturb me that God wants to be praised - and for one very simple reason really.

I didn't ask to come here.

Why I should be plonked into life without my permission is a fundamental ignoring of any basic rights I may have had. Especially if the outcome at the end is a sojourn in a hell or heaven which I really don't need. Yes, I would have preferred to have been asked.

And there is another reason; What sort of ego does this entity we call God have? Why on earth should he want to be continually praised? Maybe of course he doesn't and we simply think he does. In spite of half of the world existing in poverty and hunger those we accept as religious leaders seem to think it's OK to grovel on one's knees and accept our lot - a lot which can vary (for some reason) from monarch to drain sweeper.

I'm not saying that I am unhappy with my lot - in fact the opposite would be true - but I would like to have the feeling that I had a say in the matter.

There are many reasons to praise the God .
1. Psychologically u imbibe the values of the entity being praised through hearts . So if one imbibe a tiny portion of even one virtue of God , his life is set to sail great.
2. To imbibe the sense of gratitude towards God and other beings of God in the world for what they do to u in uplifting your life .
3. To ignite hope for the destitute
4. To draw inspiration
5. To learn something intricate

Why does he not ask us ?
He is democratic only in the sense of its spirit ie He works for the tiniest and weakest and feeble-most creatures .But in the sense of democratic method to ask vote and understand majority etc is not His way of working .

The reason he is running the world as Family and not as government . That's where many religion call him Father / Mother.And I love all those religions very much . In family , parents always treat differently (so to say discriminate) between their kids (say a 2 year old toddler , another 8 year old to primaries ) for their food , clothes and the money they spend . Parents may not always ask their kids because kids may not always know or may not have the possibility to know what works best for them. The same way in front of God i am 49 year young small kid and u r 82 year young elder kid - no difference .