View Single Post
Old 28-11-2020, 11:52 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Boy, I'll say!
I experienced this Witness, certainly, a Consciousness, at 5 or 6 years old one summer.

'It' was inside my little head looking out of my eyes.
Even as a child I felt the wisdom, the haha - 'adultness', and the masculinity.

Now, I could say - it was not motherly, loving, angelic, feminine.
It was a watcher within me...and not me, a mischievous 5 yr old - exactly.

Always there ---like the clock always there, but you aren't noticing...
as if some fog simply got blown away...
and you saw what was in the clearing all along.

What happening at 8 yrs old was a whole other 'event' in 'Seeing' one summer day!
Fun to recall.

Check this out. It's a question during the Q&A portion of the video and about the Witness and experience as related to the three states of mind (waking, dreaming and deep sleep). Let me know if what Swamiji is describing is what you experienced as the watcher/witness.

This is from 1:16:40 to 1:24:40 https://youtu.be/VxTzC2-4ELg?t=4600

For me it's beyond intellect. Beyond concept and philosophy. It's reality. It's the silence that's always there, even in the midst of activity and even chaos. From my perspective it's Me, You, Us and all these little mind-bodies (and everything else!) are merely Its reflections. So I'm flipping the narrative. It's not inside you, but you are inside It. At your deepest core you are It and your mind-body is but Its reflection. One aspect of you is the Sugar and another aspect of you can taste It. You can have your cake and eat it too and not have to worry about calories!