View Single Post
Old 15-05-2020, 01:34 AM
Master
@ David (and anyone who will read this)...

"No sugarcoating" is only a label those who wish to control/dominate others use as an excuse to justify their agenda. It gets placed in the same basket as "emotional enabling" and "staged intervention" when it comes to removing the basic rights of others through imposed (and perceived) social and spiritual conformity.

It is not about "sugarcoating". It is about creating the space where mutual communication can occur in the first place...and yup, we BOTH pretty much suck at it...as do the majority of human beings on this planet.

I am still working through past trauma..and not to use that as an excuse or anything, but when I am confronted with authoritarianism, bullying, gaslighting and people who pull no punches to get me to see their point of view, I just close off and shut down totally (subconscious limbic response). I respond to love and not "tough love" because I equate that with "tough justice"...with all of the physical and emotional abuse I received as a child for "questioning direct orders" and insubordination..having absolutely no human rights whatsoever.. everybody just falling over themselves when it came to doing everything "for my own good" without me even having a say in it whatsoever.

This is why I am also having a very hard time coming to accept that my country is Communist now....giving me PTSD flashbacks...requiring me to go back on my meds again.

...more later.