View Single Post
Old 09-03-2023, 11:54 PM
Master
If a deck was dear to me and got damaged I would want a new copy.
I came close to that with my Forest of Enchantment Tarot deck. I'd had it for only 1-2 weeks when I was working with it and spilled coffee. It went over a nr of cards as well and I saw it too late so the edges of some 6-7 cards had all gone soft and funky. When carefully drying them I accidentally made it worse with one card and tore of part of the corner.
I was heartbroken!
I saved the piece, carefully allowed all cards to dry, hoping for the best.
When dry, I managed to glue that corner back on, keeping my fingers crossed it'd stay on when shuffling.
It all dried okay. The edges didn't go as flat as it used to be but very close to it, and the corner is -miraculously- still attached to date, even though I shuffle the deck when using it.
But had it not worked out, I would've bought a replacement copy as I so loved the deck and only just had it in.
I then would've kept the damaged one though. In a box or satchel or something. I would not throw it away, but I'm emotional like that, hihi.
Oddly enough I'm more attached to this deck now than before? Maybe because I had to put time, energy, and love in it to save it?

It's the only time I've had something happen to a deck (knock on wood!!). I'm always very fussy & careful with my cards!