View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 02:17 PM
Master
QUOTE 577 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop

I will rarely … if ever … get into methodology. It would be incredibly irresponsible for me to do so. … if I gave methodology that took the individual into an area s/he was unprepared for … and that individual got themselves into trouble … I would have to take responsibility for that.

The subject of methodology does indeed raise some issues, as you have duly pointed out. However, that didn't stop some one like the Buddha from formulating some of the most insightful methodologies ever ... methodologies which serve as the basis for modern psychotherapy practices such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Buddha was very focused in his teachings and steadfastly maintained the Noble Silence when people asked him about God or raised metaphysical questions related to the afterlife and other realms of existence.

On the other hand, I've come across far too many people who theorize about metaphysics, God, and the other realms. When asked about their practices/methodologies, they often have very little to say but simply regurgitate what others have told them since they lack direct validating experiences of their own.

To each their own. People have to decide for themselves what works best for them as there is always some one available to provide what is perceived as needed.