View Single Post
Old 07-08-2022, 01:49 AM
Master

Still Waters …

Avoid the intellectual approach?

I don’t. I don’t even try.

Just 2-3 posts above … I acknowledge the intellectual and the intellectual approach as a marvelous place to be … if individual contentment can be found there … as most often it is.

That’s why I’ve always said … these posts are for those who wish to move beyond … and that’s all. The “devoted” intellectual is *not* a candidate to move beyond.

That too is part of the game plan.

Just for the steadfast intellectual to even begin to suspect that something lies beyond the mental worlds … truly beyond them … is a major crossroads. Traditionally-used words do not do such a stance justice … nor real recognition.

I have always stated in so many of my posts … there is neither criticism nor judgment towards the intellectual approach. I would accept that there are many superb masters of the mental realms. They have my respect too.

And Still Water … did I actually “cover myself well” with a valid statement then … which still holds as a valid statement now? To take a very broad experience of stepping into the Pure God Worlds and then dissecting it and giving it various definitions so that differing religions and philosophies may call it “their own” is what has given these lower worlds most … if not all … of their traditions … experienced by various individuals who claim the experiences to be scared in one way or another and launch a new branch or variation of whatever. There’s nothing wrong with that … it’s the way pertinent information here is often dispersed.

Practices and reactions of an intellectual approach to dissect and misinterpret are what many finally get tired of … amongst other ways to continue the banter and challenge. It seems to go on and on and on. An individual often gets tired of that … and want to find “ways beyond” … which begins to build a larger understanding … which leads to … on we go.

And yes … you are right. The Zen traditions are often used to almost ridicule and flog the mental understandings … often resorting to seeming nonsense to lift reliance away from the mental realms. When one finally gets out there on that limb … they either use it as a springboard … or they wait for the limb to break … and then … ?

It has worked for many.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

JASG …

What a word … maybe two … “to know.”

I’m not going to get into the middle of that one.

- - o-0-O-O-0-o - -

Last edited by zorkchop : 07-08-2022 at 03:00 AM.