View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 05:47 PM
Master
QUOTE 580 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorkchop
Still Waters … I noticed on the direct quote from my post … you neglected to include the … “perhaps … just perhaps … “ which came directly before the sentences you quoted … since I was not trying to make anything out of either stance or position.
Trying to debate words such as “apparent” and “purity” and “self-imposed limitations?” and such … that approach belongs to the intellectual.
I checked back to your original post and you did indeed have the words "perhaps ... just perhaps" directly before the sentences that I quoted. You covered yourself well.

As for words ... any words ... belonging "to the intellectual", how do you propose avoiding the intellectual in posts on a forum such as this?

There have been more than a few occasions when I have had extraordinary communications ... without words ... such as for 3 hours with a Taoist Master in Chengdu China, another 3 hours with a sage at the Khumba Mela in India, and so on for lesser continuous times with others. It would seem the Zen koans at least attempt to take one beyond the intellectual on a forum such as this, and that is precisely why I started a thread on the Crazy Wisdom of the Zen Koans on this site in the Buddhist section.