View Single Post
Old 16-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Master
Dear Sparrow,
I have a question I am hoping you will have a response to:
For the past 7 months i have been suffering terrible pain in my left side from injured discs in my lower spine......I have tried many remedies for my very painful ailment, but my suffering seems to be something that is hard to repair......my question is....Is there such a thing as Karma? Ive been told i am repaying Karmic debt......In my time of suffering, i have had much time to reflect upon my life and what i thought i held to be valuable to me, and how i have looked at and felt towards other people and myself....so much has changed within me, my attitude to life in general, my value system and my judgements......everything seems so trivial in the scheme of my life and how it has been......pain has been the centre of my universe...and it to me has been a learning tool, perhaps a gift from God (prime creator).....to help me in my path of discoveries in this life.....Im not sure......is there such a thing as karma.....or have i as a part of the divine, manifested this suffering as part of my learning......perhaps before my birth into this life?....I don't know, all i know is, that when i get relief from my pain......it is like a tonic from the Gods, to have a day without pain...fills me with gratitude without description.....Am I paying back Karmic debt......or have i created this pain....or is it just pure chance that its happened, and it has given me an opportunity to view life from a more loving caring, and gratitude filled space?......do you have any views on this...(at present I am on a new drug that is easing my pain more and more.....so very grateful to the medical scientists who developed this treatment)..........blessings