View Single Post
Old 21-03-2024, 01:16 AM
Newbie ;)

Hang in there my friend.
It took a lot of years for me to recognize I was relating to people based on things early in life that had a profound impact I didn't see. It went unrecognized because so much was dealt within me on a subconscious level. Once it was finally brought to light, it was like a vale was lifted and I found it to be quite astounding that I hadn't recognized it before. But the recognition doesn't heal deep-seated habits overnight, which were by then like an uncontrolled reflex. I write to heal and change for the better. I write things about myself that are uncomfortable, and then share them to force myself to look at it and deal with it in a very therapeutic manner. If I can make myself uncomfortable with what I'm sharing, I know it is successful. What I share and bring into the light becomes less impactful on me.
And when writing for others, I don't believe you entice someone to feel something other than what is already at their core. You share your emotion and if they relate to it, you invoke that emotion in them. The more heartfelt, honest, and open your sharing is, the higher your potential to invoke the feeling within them.
Thank you for sharing your comments and I wish you all the best.