View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
The more I study the biblical scriptures, in special the old testament, the more I feel confused and not able to understand.. I am only able to see man trying to write his own understanding about God.
I would advice you to study more before you make a final decision.

Quote:
Deuteronomy 27:22 Cursed is the one who lies with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!

This was a law found in the Mosaic Law. Before this law was given, there was no prohibition against having sex with your sister or half sister.

Quote:
Genesis 17:15-16 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be. And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
Abram and Sarai lived a long time before Moses. They did not live under the Mosaic law. Because of their faith, God changed their names to Abraham and Sarah.

Quote:
Genesis 20:12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.
Not a problem. This happened way before the Mosaic Law went into effect.

Quote:
Ezekiel 18:20 "..The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son.."

Exodus 20:5 "..for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;.."
As for these scriptures, I can not, right at the moment, recollect why they are harmonious. I assume they are similar to the above scriptures in nature. If I have time, I will look in to it.

Quote:
Does this makes any sense? There are too many things like this... Sometimes I don't know in what to believe anymore... I am just a simple man.
Sure it makes sense.

Look at any history and you will see what appears to be ambiguities but in reality they are not.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜