View Single Post
Old 20-11-2019, 04:14 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I am presently having the same conversation elsewhere regarding Self that is realized and Self that is theorised about in the name of the almighty Truth lol .

You can have the realization of Self and one it seems can have the notion thereafter that everything self related of the mind is illusory or false or dreamy and certain folk will say this is the Truth even though Self realization doesn't entertain thoughts about self or the world or what losing and gaining means or refers too .

So on one hand you have someone saying it's all illusory and on the other hand can declare that it's all real because Self is real ..

How is it possible for there to be the same Self realization beyond the thought of this world and yet there be totally opposite notions had post realization ..

I have suggested before that there hasn't been fully an integration of the mind had as yet and this is why for some they realize what they are beyond the mind-body and then instantaneously conclude that the mind-body experience must be false or unreal simply based upon these absences beyond the mind ..

The biggest double eyebrow raise that I have is those that proclaim that what we are is this or that based upon the realization itself .. God only knows excuse the pun how one derives at what they do at times . For me these lines of thought are highly questionable .

I have never followed any religious texts as a means of knowing Self so to speak so I don't have confusion or do I have to entertain contradictions or restrictions, but I think the best teachers out there are the one's that allow one to understand their own journey in their own way and simply guide them with their understandings, welcome questions and let the realizations come to them by various means .. normally self enquiry, meditation, yoga and such likes ..

x daz x

it seems to me that most of the modern day neo-non-duality whatever schools and its teachers are mostly of intellectual theory that has been co-opted with changes from certain schools of Hinduism and Buddhism. Thus i put little stock in same. (since true spiritual power of some kind is a result of although not the goal of Self realization)