View Single Post
Old 25-11-2020, 11:30 AM
Since I have read most of the authors from the New Thought group...I know what they are meaning.
I am sorry the word ''sin'' was used by Ms. Ponder, because of it's connotations of severity.

A Christian could say most anything is a sin ..as in, it's a sin not to be joyous since Jesus died for you,
thus, you're not accepting his gift.
Be happy or it's like a slap in face to him.

But, it's not really a ''sin'' as the word is usually used. You're missing out, sure.
Maybe it could be said -you're 'missing the mark'.

What the New Thought group in general are saying is:
To not realize, accept, allow the truth that God is a King with boundless riches;
to block His ever-showering of His riches of all sorts is denying Him and His love and gifts to you.

So, you could say being unhappy at all is a ''sin'' in this context. See?

.................................................. ...........................................

* Some New Thought authors - the original group involved in
the founding of Unity Church--
for those that never heard of this 'movement'.

Charles Fillmore
Emmet Fox
Florence Scovel-Shinn
Eric Butterworth
Catherine Ponder
John Randolph Price
Joel S. Goldsmith
Ernest Holmes
Henry Drummond
Napoleon Hill
U.S. Anderson

If not from the 19th c orig New Thought group, they were influenced by them and continued on later....into the 1960s...and now -
with Dr. Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay, etc., probably more familiar names.
Ha, there is a book from 1949, "The Atom-smashing Power of Your Mind."
I forget the author - a female.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru