View Single Post
Old 15-04-2019, 12:10 PM
Seeker
Islam is a big religion. So answering what "Muslims" believe about anything is going to render a lot of answers.

I think you are asking about the concept of God in Islam, so that's how I will answer. Please let me know if you need more or different info?

Allah in Islam is no different than G-d in Judaism. Allah in Islam is different than THE LORD in most forms of Christianity because Islam does not believe that Jesus is THE LORD.

You asked about the concept of being God's Children? I do not hear Muslims using this analogy often, but I think if you ask them, point-blank, "Do you believe we ( humans ) are children of God?" They would answer, "Yes, we are all God's children; everything comes from Allah."

This concept of unity in Islam is called "Tawhid". Arguably it is the most important single concept is Islam. Tawhid is Unity.

Quoting Wikipedia:

"Tawhid (Arabic: توحيد‎ tawḥīd, meaning 'oneness [of God]') is the indivisible oneness concept of monotheism in Islam. Tawhid is the religion's central and single-most important concept, upon which a Muslim's entire faith rests."

You also asked about being a slave to God.

I can answer this one simply: No, Islam does not view humans as slaves to God.

However, there are many good reasons for a person to ask this question.

If you need more data please let me know.