View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 01:13 AM
Master
@ NewAccount ~ it may be preferable, in my view, to first obtain an understanding of your spiritual quest by going through the scriptures, just to get an overview from those who have walked the path before. I’m not implying you haven’t done that already but just saying …

The third eye, sounds so esoteric and magical! I recall reading the book Third eye or something like that by Lobsang Rampa, when I went to college.

Then on a profounder but no less dramatic account, we have the iconic book ‘An Autobiography of a Yogi’ by Yogananda, where he goes on to describe his third eye opening. Fascinating stuff!

We have all these chakras and the kundalini (divine energy) bit too, of which on rise it’s said the third eye may be activated (partially or fully?). But what’s the ultimate goal? Is it not God realisation? Or if we’re an atheist, knowing the true essence of our being, our unchanging, ever present awareness, which imbibes all experiences?

Intermediate coordinates arise and subside, like the waves of the ocean you are watching. What is the force (not gravity) moving the waves, our breath? In organic form, which is but dust when the vital life force withdraws, what is That? If it’s in us, obviously it is both immediate and intimate. Closer to us than we are to ourself. Go there, be That.

This would be by input. Having said that, it’s applaudable that you have embarked on an inner journey. May God guide every heartbeat.