View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameses
When the Mahayana Master Nan Huai-chin tells me that "He who is only interested in himself, who is a perfect egoist without harming others is able to pacify the world", that "Listen well to this : the way of Buddhism is to seek one's salvation and self-interest first," my translation, in his book "如何修佛法, Ruhe xiuzheng fofa", I say he understood the biography of the Buddha.
And a reasonable path.
Perhaps his insights came before his realisation became his experience.

Perhaps he trusted the illumination of those insights, to spread that methodology
Before full realisation as himself.

How many people preach the word but are clueless to the direct experience from within? The way is many..

And that accounts for the way we receive and understand, realize and master something.

The conflict your seeing may not be seen in its entirety because the entirety was not seen..

I trust my intuitive knowings as my lead into experience.

Perhaps in the foundation or methodology he believed in the method before believing in his mastery of it?

I don’t know, I’m just curiously looking.

The moment the Buddha purified the sleeping monsters in his unconscious, he attained enlightenment- Saurab