View Single Post
Old 22-06-2022, 01:24 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
You're still talking about mind and equating Consciousness to just another function of mind. What I'm saying is what you label consciousness is Consciousness illumining mind and then Ahamkara appropriating it as its own.

I think you are caught up in words and cannot look beyond them. I explicitly wrote that you dont have to consider the meaning of consciousness and awareness, but just consider that there are two ways of observing, one which is free from the body and mind, and the other which is not. But you are so attached to the meaning of the word consciousness from your tradition that even when told about the two ways of observing whatever you call them, consciousness or awareness, that you cant let go of the word.

The word is not the thing. The finger pointing to the moon is not the moon. the word "consciousness" is not consciousness. agreed we have to use words, but I explained that we dont have to consider the words consciousness and awareness too rigidly, but just consider that there are two ways of observing.

Also, I agree what you wrote that consciousness illuminates the mind.

I also wrote that consciousness is made up of mmory.

If you consider the two ways of observing, you will be able to know that the above two sentences are not contradictory. the word consciousness has been used in two different ways here (as I pointed out about the two ways of observing)