View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Afro7hundr

I'll admit, I haven't been thinking about this with a very... eh, spiritual mindset; rather, one that demands comparisons and facts, fostered mostly by James Randi and Lamar Keene.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the experience of a medium describing in detail a passed loved one since, well, I don't really know any, but I have been given a few personal tidbits that have indeed resonated within me.

Hell, my parents had no less than five precognitive messages that came true the last two years, one of which given during their first day at the church as random walk-ins.

Yet, after watching this illusionist and reading what the skeptics have to say... lately, I feel like I'm looking two evidential yet contrasting possible fates lying beyond the veil of death.

Either a vast ethereal intelligence of love and cookies, or an existence that is anything but existent. The latter has been causing me no shortage of anxiety...

I like what you're saying, Enya. The mediums at my church hardly seem to be showboating mentalists who perfected the art of cold reading just for the sake of spreading peace and love.

Just as well, clovelly, I've seen the mediums at my church produce detailed results for the congregation time and again. I've only seen this illusionist once. Whose to say the whole thing isn't actually a one-time rigged show, audience and all?...

Then again, that's what the skeptics are saying about the mediums. The whole argument really is a whirlpool of circular points that leads everyone nowhere.

It's worry that has me searching for a definitive truth. I don't want to be missing some sort of crucial detail, somewhere.

This is, after all, a rather extraordinary study.