View Single Post
Old 27-05-2022, 10:35 PM
Master

one problem is, that those who actually have the money and power to make the choices as to how to relate to this world in any big way, also have this 'gut feeling' that they are immune to any semblance of consequences to their own activities. Even in this world, such rarely face any real sanction for things done wrong ( except sometimes they have to pay out some of their money), but even when they do it seems like often their punishment is more like a summer camp for children than anything else.

Such people are not going to be interested in anything beyond what they can get for themselves in the short term... certainly not in the continuing survival of the species. So becoming stewards isn't going to happen unless the rest of us can somehow ignore the fact they have money and quit accepting it for services rendered when they offer it in the same way we'd find it offensive to eat dung.

As well some of the realities of the afterlife they have gotten for themselves give them more reasons to believe they can get away with ruining this habitat unscathed... of course they don't even see it as 'ruination' but as 'improvement' so there isn't even anything to get away with...

anyway about this reality that none of us really likes god said:

[II Chronicles 7:14]

and if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

sadly, simply trying to fix our reality yet again by becoming stewards for a change doesn't qualify as turning from our wicked ways, being just another attempt to try to make our reality be what we want it it be without any real understanding of what it already is... But if we do somehow turn and follow god... everything will be made well again without us even having to try... we'll even get to go 'home'.