View Single Post
Old 19-04-2022, 05:08 PM
Master
QUOTE 46 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

As for Samuel, he heard his name called numerous times and later realized it was God/Universe talking to him. In his case, he was able to bring forth an important message from Spirit that major changes were coming forward and they would not be pleasant to the one hearing it.

As for Samuel, who REALLY knows what he actually "heard" and what was the source of all that he "heard". Although he is generally accepted as a prophet in all three Abrahamic religions, some of his actions could indeed be considered questionable at best (the genocide of the Amalekites, choosing Saul as the first king, etc.)

In any case, since this is a Spiritist thread, here's an interesting article about the Witch of Endor and the reported appearance of the Spirit of Samuel. If my understanding is correct, Samuel's "ghost" is the only mention of possible Spirit communication in the Bible.

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/...tewart_121.cfm

It's an interesting read on this particular reported case of Spiritism from a Biblical perspective.

NOTE: After participating in a Bible study on Kings I and II .... the stories about Samuel in particular inspired my taking a break from those scriptures for a while.

Last edited by Still_Waters : 19-04-2022 at 06:11 PM.