View Single Post
Old 13-06-2020, 02:25 PM
Kioma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
From the standpoint of my spirit however, time is an experience.
I wrote this recently in another topic:

Quote:
...a soul does not experience time like a physical consciousness. It cannot, other than how it interfaces with existence in it's reduced cognitive capacity as a physical being. In it's normal 'spiritual' capacity it experiences all time as a single moment - past, present and future all at once. How it does this and yet we still have free will is an ineffable mystery - perhaps the soul's experience of the future is simply the past and present 'echoing' into the future, meaning the 'future' the soul knows is malleable - the actual future is not written until it occurs. My personal belief is that is why we reincarnate - to 'reshape' the future to a spiritual goal.

But the point is that the soul is aware, it has cognition and responses, there is an energetic process, but without time it cannot make change occur. This is why the soul undergoes incarnation and life - to enter time and make change occur to it's future (and by extension all interactive others) and it's self.
I wrote that based on an several deep meditations in which I had typical 'mystical' experiences.

https://lonerwolf.com/mystical-experience/

If you scroll down the page a bit he gets to a list of "9 characteristics of the mystical experience". From the web site:

Quote:
1. Conscious Unity
The boundaries of where you perceive your individual identity to begin and end completely vanish (otherwise known as ego death). Instead, you’re left with a boundless and infinite union with all that is around you.

2. There Is No Time or Space
With a lack of a definable identity or spatial recognition, your sense of time feels infinite. You go from perceiving time from moment-to-moment as a static individual, to perceiving it as a stream of eternal present moments.

Without time space is endless.

Because your sense of identity is gone, your ability to separate “your” (now non-existent) surroundings into individual “spatial” elements also disappears.

I worded it somewhat differently, but what he says is generally true in my experience. This is the source of the unity (All is One) perspective gained from the mystical experience. Without time and space, of course eternity is experienced all at once, and of course all of space is experienced as a single 'location'. It is very difficult to describe, but it is real.

So, I agree with you - so long as your spirit is incarnated.