Thread: Addictions
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Maybe an addiction is not a bad thing. Maybe it's only a different way to cope.
HiHo, Deb -

I regard any kind of dependency, or 'need', in order to experience being spiritually 'alive', 'well', 'happy', 'connected', etc., etc., et.c.) to be an 'addiction' of sorts. In my view, growing to the point where we become) 'independent', i.e whole(some) , souls in terms of our capacity to experience and participate in THE FLOW of LIFE "on our own 'steam' " to be the 'reason' why we incarnate in 'the world'. This world is a soul 'nursery', or 'kindergarten', in other words.

I think the main soul-level difference between still-continuing-to-incarnate souls is what they are still 'dependent' on - IMO, any "looking down" on someone else's 'dependencies' is the equivalent of "a kettle calling a pot 'black' ". As articulated in my treatise:
Though self-gratifying physiological and social support systems as well as imaginative projections which lead people to hope and emotionally anticipate that they will, even if not right away, at least experience relief, ease, fulfillment, happiness, etc. in the future may indeed be Love and Joy sustaining up to a point, the fact remains that soulfully encountering and experiencing the kinds of ‘troubles’ that are, in the final analysis, inescapable aspects of being ensconced ‘in’ a physically limited, temporally transient personal body that is subject to frustration, pain, loss, ego‑defeat, death, etc. is necessary for the kind of selftranscendental ‘i’dentity expansion and psychospiritual growth spoken of in this chapter to be situationally ‘called’ for and stimulated to ‘come’ forth.* A soul’s capacity for psychospiritual fortitude and interpersonal empathy (stemming from cognition and appreciation of the ubiquitousness and transcendency of the Presence and Power of Life Itself), for instance, would never develop otherwise; albeit these are just a couple of a whole host of psychospiritual awareness and adeptitude based capabilities which must be conscientiously directed and devotionally deployed in service of Life Itself for a nodal soul to transcendentally e‧merge from the ‘womb’ of its embryonic other-dependency and infantile selfishness (note: I use the word must here only to state what is functionally necessary for such outcome, not to assert any kind of moralistic ‘should’ in this completely free-choice regard.)

[Footnote*: Here’s a ‘fable’ worth contemplating in the above regard: "God ‘gives’ people every (kind of) thing they could possibly love and enjoy or imagine loving and enjoying and then, one by one, takes these away from them and/or places the possibility of their ‘having’ them (again, in the former case) out of reach, such that all they are then left with (that is, should they then choose to themselves be and continue so) is the Love and Joy they were thereby soulfully introduced to, which Love and Joy is Life Itself!"]