View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 06:12 PM
Experiencer
I have had many animal visits that benefitted my spiritual path. This one was especially so: Having helped my children move into a home I bought for them to occupy, I returned to the home where we had been living together. It had been my mother's home, now being equally shared with my sister. It was late night, and I drove the four miles, feeling empty. I'm always watchful for animals on this woodsy, twisting road. As I drove up a short, steep hill, with very little berm, I said out loud, "I don't want to be there anymore. There's no "life" left there for me." A sudden movement in my right side mirror caught my attention and I looked... a deer was running beside my car. She stayed by me until a traffic sign blocked the berm, then bounded up the bank to the right. It totally dissolved my gloomy thoughts.

I went home and researched the animal wisdom she embodies, and used that in my attitude and behaviors during the stressful adjustment time. My sister had been ungracious to my children, and I admit they are challenging people. We had given shelter to her children previously and I was a loving auntie to them. My children were equally distressed at how she related to me! Eventually, I moved into my new home with my children. It's one of the most important things I've done in my life, creating a safe space for these troubled people to "adult" in. One of the more difficult things too. Here, we had a possum mamma birth 7 babies under my "in town" deck. I relocated her and her crew to a safer home in a park, out of town near an orchard and river. I was stressed, but blessed, for I have a special fondness for possums.

I have learned so very much by applying the wisdom of the animals.