View Single Post
Old 25-05-2017, 02:16 AM
Master
"Do you see me" perspective changing practice/mantra

I've been trying this mantra, "do you see me", and what I've noticed is that sometimes the words sound like a question posed by someone else to me. In a period of 10 minutes chanting maybe I'll experience this state of consciousness for 3-4 intervals of 3-4 seconds. It's just a flicker but I'm starting to recognize what it is. I also have a strong desire to experience this state of consciousness in my life outside of meditation. However I never feel the effect in full, only in what seems like a dream state. The messages are there but they feel forced, like I'm looking rather than listening, and the serenity I feel also feels forced and half there. Like a dream of the real thing.

In my opinion this is a sign that I'm reaching a higher level of awareness where I no longer identify as my body alone. Why else would the mantra sound like it's someone else speaking to me?

Sometimes this state of consciousness will linger after the meditation for short periods of time until I become attached to what the universe is telling me. When I surrender and just listen, rather than try to understand and improve or remember or make plans about it, it's like the universe is talking to me.

When I begin to have long periods of not experiencing this state of consciousness I've found that I'm also attempting to fulfill the things the universe told me. It may be that this is a sign that my ego is operating strongly and I need to let go of the importance of being spoken to so that I can hear clearly once again.