View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 10:07 AM
Knower
Hi asearcher,

yes, the "music in your head" can be absolutely awesome. When I hear really great music in my dream, it seems devoid of any struggle, it effortlessly flows in new directions that are fresh and original. But more often I would hear what sounds like normal pop songs.

Regarding the remembering of past lives, your story is really interesting! There is a book by Stevenson called "Twenty cases suggestive of reincarnation" that I think would fit your own experience very well. I'm a strong believer in reincarnation, and I think I probably also had a flashback from the moment where I was about to die. This came to me in a dream, where my surroundings suddenly faded into pitch black, and faded back into a new place, where I experienced/relived how prison guards released their dogs on me. It felt more real than even my awake life. When it happened I knew though that it was not currently happening, but the terror I felt was very strong. I (again) managed to disconnect from the experience because I really did not want to relive it. It could also explain why I am very jumpy around dogs.

Regarding the fading boundary between "real" and "not real", I had a positive experience where a cat came to visit me in the night. He kind of woke me up (I realized I was in my bed and that there was a cat) and he was nudging my head with his head and purring (actually, the sound was really authentic, I now remember :-), and I realized that the cat could not possibly be really there. I just enjoyed our encounter and at some point I opened my eyes which ended the experience.

In general I don't/wouldn't mind the occasional flash of ESP (hearing or seeing something), as long as it's not constant or too frequent. And yes, I suppose it's a comfort when other people also hear the same thing. But if you are sensitive to it, then of course you will have these experiences much more often.