View Single Post
Old 23-08-2021, 04:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by somoo
Muslims believe in a direct connection with the Almighty, without the need of an intercessor.

So, based on this direct line, every Muslim is his own authority on Islamic law then? This is not consistent with reality from my experiences. I was in Mogadishu one time and spotted a pair of someone's feet placed in the middle of a public square. They were chopped cleanly off just above the ankles. Another time, according to an Iranian woman I met in Kuala Lumpur, she said she was locked up, by the police, in a basement for three days for inappropriate conduct after she was seen greeting a male friend in public (spontaneously hugging him the way she would ordinarily have done in the west). Then, there was a personal experience of mine with regard to your notion of the Muslim belief in a direct connection with the Almighty: a Muslim friend who was staying with me was arrested when the police surrounded and barged into my house. They also took his Muslim girlfriend away. They were both with me after a night out in Bali.

Remember what you said? "The Qur’an and the Sunna stresses the importance of the organization of society - in an ideal way that is not found in other religions."(somoo)

What way is that? Looks to me like it is no different from the enforcement of law and order in the west except a lot more oppressive. Also, we can fight the prosecution in court; and, with enough financial heft, have the case quashed.