View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 07:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staceyboo
Hi, what do you believe happens when you die I have been thinking a lot about this recently I work in a job were I see a lot of death and it always confuses me when I person dies there physically there but there not if that makes any sense I look at them and there not there I still talk to them as if they was there but there not I can't seem to get my head round it. Last year a close family member died of cancer and they promised me they would visit when they went but they haven't is this because they can't or is it because there just gone you live then die or our we just not ment to know what happens when we die until we die what are everyone's thoughts on this am not a religious person so don't really believe in heaven and hell but find it hard to believe we just die

I have seen hundreds of people die, held many in my arms as they took their last breath. I worked for 42-years in the healthcare field, was a U.S. Army combat medic in Vietnam at the age of nine-teen, the first job I got when I left the army was that of and ambulance EMT, and then I went into nursing, worked in a hospice, etc..

I once had to carry a dead baby in my arms, have seen people die of all ages in all sorts of ways, and have witnessed, or assisted on, many autopsies. I was at one time obsessed with death and dying, took classes from the late Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, and much later had out of body, and near death, experiences myself.

Lots of people know when they are going to die; here is a post I did many years ago on that http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=101205

Being around death and dying a lot helped me get in touch with my own physical mortality. We are not death, we are life. Lots of people think that life is what they do but life is what they are. When we die life leaves our physical body, that is us leaving.

The cornerstone of my life is to "Know ThySelf." I am a learner and the subject of learning is myself. What I give to others is the work, or lack of work, that I have done on my self. But the more you explain something the further away from that something you get.

You get to a place where all you have is your explanation of that thing and not that thing itself. So I approach death as a transition with more acceptance and faith than I do explanation. The human heart, at the core of our being, knows this whole transition thing impeccably, and the mind tries to understand what the heart already knows.

But this does not fit in constructed mental concepts. It can not be nice and neatly framed in mental images. It is beyond words and thoughts, and therefore I have to find a comfort, and confidence, within myself that says the transition is very natural and safe.