View Single Post
Old 14-05-2021, 06:37 PM
Pathfinder

Breathwork and altered states

Last night I had a wave of dysphoria and anxiety come over me. I did this breathing technique intuitively where I'd breathe then take a long relaxed (no effort) outbreath blowing out through the mouth and imagining all the tension and dysphoria being released. I got pins and needles all over my body. Afterwards I started having visions and things that I can only compare to when I've drunk *deleted* in the past. My mind wanted to panic but I went into a grounded meditative state. It was intensifying as I drifted towards sleep but by the time I eventually fell asleep it had passed.

I woke up this morning feeling like a weight has been lifted and my heart is more open. I feel stronger and just better in every way. My perception is sharper and I'm seeing beauty more clearly. I faced some fears so possibly healed some of the fear stuck in my chest.

This breathing technique, I can see that things can be released like this but I'm wondering why it triggers pins and needles and visionary states. Have any of you experienced these visionary states after breathwork? What about the pins and needles? How do you usually feel after this happens?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 21-05-2021 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Pls read Rules, no drug talk at all